Forms 4.0 Question

From: Kenneth Ho <kenho_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 1994 09:51:51 GMT

Hi Oracle gurus,

This is really a brain teaser!

I have used (or forced) to use a timer to update the invoice total by using the timer (by adding up entry amount by scanning from the First_Record to Last_Record of the block).

So far it work as far as the user leave the text item by pressing [Next Item] or whatever. However when an user just key in an entry amount and press COMMIT, the invoice total will not be updated!

Any workaround?

Ken

PS I have used CREATE an timer in the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger and update the invoice total (a base table item) in the WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger. Received on Sun Oct 16 1994 - 10:51:51 CET

Original text of this message