Re: Searching for Electronic Document Management software: MS Windows/VMS

From: Raymond Lowe <rlowe_at_HK.Super.Net>
Date: 16 Oct 1994 11:25:37 +0800

Suggestions I've had so far:

Hi Mr. Lowe, one good option to look at is Personal Library Software's suite of full text search and retrieval tools. We run on multiple platforms either standalone, LAN or over the Internet. I have attached below some descriptive information on our company and products. I am interested to know what were the failings o PC DOCS etc.?

For straight production, management and control of documents I have been using Interleaf on my current project.

   You may want to talk to DEC about Linkworks. I have one client that is using it to do fairly close to what you want to do (only with Autocad Drawings).

 A large Sydney city law firm I recently had the misfortune to work for employs a system not unlike the one you use. The law firm is [clip]
system is called "FHP Office". It employs most, if not all of the features your require and currently runs on an SQL database on OS/2 machines across an IBM Token Ring LAN (and WAN) with several hundred Windows clients. I

We are currently installing a software called TECHLIBplus that has a client-server front-end for MS-Windows (called OPAC for Windows) our library bought the software because of the neat looking features it had... (They evaluated it, I installed it...)

Unfortunately none of these really meet the requirements. :-(

Thanks anyway to:

From: Paul Campbell <paulc_at_pcmail.pls.com>
From: "John Wright" <johnw_at_canb.auug.org.au>
From: gehring_at_arc.ab.ca (Ken Gehring)
From: greblejh_at_ttown.apci.com (No Name)
From: "Geoffrey Breach" <geoffb_at_snapdragon.apana.org.au>
From: newsmgr_at_ottint.ncr.dfo.ca (dfm)

rlowe_at_hk.super.net                                             Raymond C. Lowe
                     http://www.hk.super.net/~rlowe/home.html