Re: Oracle 5.1 and Windoze (again)

From: Chuck Adams <adams_at_kelvin.jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: 14 Oct 1994 23:21:25 GMT

In article <CxMB58.MKG_at_nvl.army.mil>, bajones_at_belvoir-asid.army.mil (Ebeth Jones) says:

>The problem - Oracle 5.1 trying to run on a 486 PC that has windows
>installed. I know I need to do something to get them to share extended
>memory, but what?
>
>Elizabeth Jones E-MAIL: bajones_at_nvl.army.mil

I don't know about Oracle 5.1, but in Oracle 6.0 you can reserve memory for oracle by adding or changing the following line in your config.ora file.

DYNAMIC_MEMORY=10000 The above will reserve about 10Meg for oracle and whatever is left over will be managed by your extended memory manager. I don't know how to get Oracle to "share" the memory, but you can change the dynamic_memory to your needs. Hope that helps.

Chuck Adams
adams_at_kelvin.jpl.nasa.gov Received on Sat Oct 15 1994 - 00:21:25 CET

Original text of this message