Re: Has anyone used DBMS_PIPE in Triggers?

From: 170 Systems <170sys_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1994 16:59:15 GMT

Eric Mortensen (mortens_at_cibadiag.com) wrote:
: I have discovered an message being retrieved out of the pipe that
: was not placed in the pipe by the trigger.

I have used DBMS_PIPE. Is it possible that some other trigger or PL/SQL block dropped the message into the pipe? Bear in mind, that messages do not come out of a pipe until you attempt to read from it. So you (or someone else) could have put a message into the pipe last year (exaggeration) and the message should have stayed there waiting to be read.

  • Dan