Re: ORACLE7 reparses stored procedures all the time (and creates problems)

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1994 12:40:25 GMT

y-tamura_at_nri.co.jp (Youichi Tamura) writes:
:
: I heard something utterly unbelievable from the local Oracle people.
: I hope someone out there could prove them wrong.
: y-tamura_at_nri.co.jp

It is not utterly unbelievable, it is a bug. The way you expected the product to work is the way it is suppossed to work. See page 4-10 of the Application Develper's Guide for the rule set that is used to determine whether or not to use the parsed procedure already in the Shared Pool.

The behavior you are experiencing is logged as bug 242573. Call your support organization for details. This is logged as an urgent bug.

The information you were given was meant as a workaround to the bug, and not a description of the way the product is supposed to work.

--
regards,
Carl