Are PC clients buying Oracle?

From: Bob Treumann <btreuman_at_elmwood.com>
Date: 13 Oct 1994 23:34:58 GMT

Oracle Corp is attempting to make great strides in the PC world. Some of the steps taken:

    Teaming up with Novell to provide an Oracle server bundled into     a product called Oracleware.

    Reducing the cost of Oracle CASE tools on the PC platform.

    Releasing a version of Oracle called Oracle for Workgroups, that     is priced competitively at the PC level.

    Reaching some kind of agreement to integerate Oracle with Lotus     Notes ( sorry, I don't know any details )

Since I work in the unix market, I am wondering how this is playing in the PC marketplace. Are PC customers buying Oracle? Are they asking about Oracle? Are they using front end tools, or just the server?

--
  Bob Treumann                          email:  btreuman_at_elmwood.com
  Solution Engineering Inc.