Re: Quick Easy DOS/WIN Question

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 13 Oct 1994 20:46:30 -0400

ucdy_at_rvax.syntex.com () writes:

>Here is a quick question. Is it possible to run Oracle v7.0.15.6 on a PC
>that is running DOS/Windows (non-NT)? If so, how much memory is required?
>How much memory is required to run SQL*Forms 4.0/4.5 as well?

   I know of no DOS or Windows version of Oracle 7.

   There will soon be a new version of Oracle "lite" that    will have most of the version 7 functionality in a single    user Windows system.

>I know somebody who is having trouble setting up such a system, and my guess
>is that he is attempting the impossible. Am I right?

   I think this would be quite a bit of trouble since    the software does not exist or is not yet available.

   Perhaps give OS/2 or Windows NT a try ? Stoke up on RAM    for either one. No less than 16 megs to be comfortable.

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Fri Oct 14 1994 - 01:46:30 CET

Original text of this message