Has anyone used DBMS_PIPE in Triggers?

From: Eric Mortensen <mortens_at_cibadiag.com>
Date: 12 Oct 1994 19:46:17 GMT

Has anyone used the DBMS_PIPE package succesfully or unsuccesfully in triggers. I am writing an application that has triggers send messages down pipes so that I can notify other non-oracle processes in the system about data that has changed in the database. I testing this process I have discovered an message being retrieved out of the pipe that was not placed in the pipe by the trigger.

I am still investigating if this error is caused by out of date object files being linked together or the fact that the internal pipe data streem is being corrupted.

Any experiance with using DBMS_PIPE in Triggers would be helpfull.

Eric Mortensen
mortens_at_cibadiag.com Received on Wed Oct 12 1994 - 20:46:17 CET

Original text of this message