LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST (tape drive in UNIX environment)

From: ShaneT458 <shanet458_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 Oct 1994 01:29:14 -0400

Help Please,

It is my understanding that you can avoid redo log file group fills by archiving a log file group. What I don't know is the exact syntax for LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST that will cause this archiving to occur on a tape in a UNIX environment.

I would like to set up a system that would place archive on tape.

Could it be this simple:

LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST = /dev/rmt/0m (or any valid UNIX tape device)

If it is this simple, how does ORACLE format the data on the tape ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Shane Trammel

ShaneT458_at_aol.com (internet email address; use case shown)