Re: Keeping Passwords Secure

From: BARRY ROOMBERG <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 94 16:41:00 -0400

-> A kernel parameter to limit output from ps? If someone has asked me
-> if such a beastie existed I would have have laughed in their face and
-> told them to buy a OS book. What does this parameter do and what is
-> it called.

Under SCO, there is sub-system level permsissions, which you can use to disable a user from getting PS info on anything other then their own programs. They do it by limiting what kernel memory areas you can access, so even if you wrote your own PS, it would still not be able to see the other command lines. Received on Mon Oct 10 1994 - 21:41:00 CET

Original text of this message