Re: ** AD-HOC QUERY TOOLS **

From: Dennis Weatherly <dennis_weatherly_at_mentorg.com>
Date: 10 Oct 1994 15:49:10 GMT

Subject: ** AD-HOC QUERY TOOLS **
From: Ram Rao, ram_at_artecon.com
Date: 7 Oct 1994 13:04:34 -0700
In article <3749ki$9l6_at_artecon.artecon.com> Ram Rao, ram_at_artecon.com writes:
>Hi World
> Our database is getting bigger and our users are getting
> smarter (sigh!). Now they cant wait for MIS to give them reports
> but would rather write their own queries.
>
> Are there tools available that you know of (both freebies
> and commercial) that do this? Nice Motif wrap is desireable,
> but curses based/block mode would just work as well.
>
> If there is sufficient interest, I shall summarise.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ram
> ram_at_artecon.com
>
> ps
> Oracle 7.0, PL/SQL 3.0 on a Sun Sparc 1000 running Solaris 2.x
> Would appreciate if you can include the vendor/tel no as well.

Check out GQL from Andyne Computing Ltd. The most recent release supports Motif, Mac and Windows 3.1. We've used it here for over 2 years with pretty good results.

Andyne Computing Ltd
544 Princess St.
Suite 202
Kingston, Ontario
Canada
K7L 1C7

613-548-4355

Dennis Weatherly
Mentor Graphics Corporation
dennis_weatherly_at_mentorg.com Received on Mon Oct 10 1994 - 16:49:10 CET

Original text of this message