Re: Oracle Installation Experiences

From: Chris eastland <extel_at_world.std.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 03:47:57 GMT

output_at_netcom.com (Output Services) writes:

>In article <CxD6AG.MJJ_at_world.std.com> extel_at_world.std.com (Chris eastland) writes:
>>output_at_netcom.com (Output Services) writes:
>>>For a true comparison in throughput, reliability, stability, bug-freeness,
>>>etc, set Oracle next to some big iron systems. We ran the same VSE
>>>software for six years without discovering one bug.
>>
>>What kind of software did you run?

>Don't remeber the versions, but we were running VSE (pre ESA), CICS,
>POWER, VSAM, and ICCF. All but POWER and ICCF ran thru VSAM.
>Twas super stable.

 VSAM is basically an indexed sequential file system as I remember correctly from my Big Blue days. CICS had not a few bugs which people had found workarounds to. And of course all this goes back to buffered terminals. Perhaps you should be comparing apples to apples.

c Received on Mon Oct 10 1994 - 04:47:57 CET

Original text of this message