How to tell "imp" to enable constraints after inserting data?

From: Carlos Netto <Carlos.Netto_at_ibase.org.br>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 94 08:41:00 -0300

Hi all,

I made some tests. When I import a table with a primary key, the import creates the table (of course) with the primary key enabled (with a unique index created) before inserting the data. You know that importing a table with a index created is much slower than importing the same table without index and creating the index after.

I'd like to know if it's possibile to tell import to enable the primary key constraint of each table *after* importing all rows of each table. New versions of "import" do it?

If there is no way, I'll disable all primary key constraints before exporting the database. It will avoid index creation, but will demand an extra work: enabling all primary keys, specifying tablespace, storage parameters, etc.

Thanks a lot,

   ----->>>>>>>>>>>> Don't reply. Reply will not work! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<----

| Carlos Augusto Leite Netto | Voice : +55.192.51.1153 |
| Software Design Informatica | Fax : +55.192.54.6518 |
| Oracle VAR | e-mail : carlos.netto%mpcbbs_at_ibase.org.br |
| Software Development & DBA | FidoNet: 4:801/31 (Carlos Netto) |

| Softex 2000 member | Brazil, Sao Paulo state, Campinas city |
  • Evaluation copy of Silver Xpress. Day # 107 --- via Silver Xpress V4.01P [NR]

User Name: Carlos Netto - ( %mpcbbs_at_ibase.org.br ) This message was processed by RAuucp from Merlin Systems Inc.