Searching for Electronic Document Management software: MS Windows/VMS

From: Raymond Lowe <rlowe_at_HK.Super.Net>
Date: 9 Oct 1994 12:46:28 +0800

I am looking for software that will provide workgroup/enterprise EDM. That is the same as "Enterprise Library System".

This is basically a database application with a fancy front end that ties up very closely to desktop applications. Documents that are created are logged in an inventory with various bibliographical data. Paper documents can also be logged.

Full text search and imaging would be nice but are LOW priority. The inventory/database with keywords is the main point.

The documents are correspondance, contracts, email etc. This is not "technical document" management.

Requirements:

   MS Windows front end.
   VMS back end.
   Run over Pathworks 4.0 (yes, 4 - not 5).    Oracle on VMS as the database if such is required would be good.    Integration with MS Office 3.0 (yes 3, not 4).    Integration with TeamLinks email would be good.

I have looked at PC DOCS OPEN (doesn't like Pathworks 4.0), CURO Document Manager (no VMS back end), CURO DM with Saros Mezzanine back end (no VMS version again), Oracle Textretrieval (only an API and the v3.0 API isn't ready), Oracle Document Manager ("Real Soon Now"). Just heard about PLS and am waiting for more details.

Any other suggestions would be really greatly appreciated, thanks.

Replies to my work address (the weird X.400 thing below) if possible, thanks.

Raymond.

   /G=RAYMOND/I=RC/S=LOWE/O=Shell_Hong_Kong/OU1=FNI21_at_mhs-shell.attmail.com

rlowe_at_hk.super.net                                             Raymond C. Lowe
Database of Hong Kong Manufacturers/Exporters - send mail for details. Send mail to rlowe_at_hk.super.net with subject GET INSTRUCTIONS. Received on Sun Oct 09 1994 - 05:46:28 CET

Original text of this message