Re: sqlplus with wide table (many columns)

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_oracle.com>
Date: 7 Oct 1994 23:13:34 GMT

ag831_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Denis Langlais) writes:

|> Anybody know who to quickly query 1 row in a table
|> with many columns. Whenever I do this for a table with
|> 50 columns I get 40 column titles followed
|> by 3 data columns and then the same 40 column titles
|> followed by the next 3 columns etc.

Some options, though each has its own advantages/disadvantages.

  1. set heading off
  2. set linesize XXXX /* where XXXX is a large number */
  3. set pagesize 0 /* I forget if this actually helps or not */

There are probably others that I haven't thought of.

Hope this helps.
Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Oct 08 1994 - 00:13:34 CET

Original text of this message