Anybody using shared libs for OCI (Solaris 2.3, Oracle V7.0)?

From: Output Services <output_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 18:13:54 GMT

Not being an expert at ar or ld, this may have an obvious answer; any input appreciated.

It appears that the oracle libs needed for OCI are mutually dependent. Since ld will only scan a lib once for needed objects, you must specify some libs several times in a makefile, in the correct relative order. I avoided this by lobbing all of Oracle's objects and libraries into one huge liboracle.a. The problem is, the binaries for OCI programs are huge (~2 meg).

Has anyone successfully built a single shared Oracle library? I get lots of problems with multiple declarations. Why I can build a static one with ar, and not a shared one with ld is beyond me.

Any ideas?

Thanx,
Marty Received on Fri Oct 07 1994 - 19:13:54 CET

Original text of this message