Colors problem in Forms 4.0 running on DEC OSF/1 V2.0

From: Brahma <bxdaac_at_ohura.tid.cat.com>
Date: 7 Oct 1994 18:22:27 GMT

Hi netters,

      I have a Forms 4.0.11 colors problem. My forms are running on a DEC OSF/1 V2.0 platform. I guess, on my system Tk2Motif.bw is the default resources file for forsms. That is because, if I copy any other Tk2Motif file into my home directory as Tk2Motif, the colors get messed up. When I copy Tk2Motif.bw into ~/Tk2Motif they work fine.

      I don't like the default colors produced by Tk2Motif.bw. If I try to change the colors in Tk2Motif, I can see the new colors on the screen but the forms windows don't get redrawn if some other windows are exposed. This happens only when I run the form.

      I tried to mess up with the resources files for Forms 4.0 without success.

      I don't get these problems if I run Forms on HP/UNIX system.

If anybody has come accross the same problem or know the solution please write me. I went through lot of Forms documentation, so if somebody is willing to, then we can discuss the problem.

Thanks in advance.

  • Brahma