Re: Paradox 4.5 SQL link/Oracle 7.0

From: Kuo-Sheng <kschang_at_mercury.sfsu.edu>
Date: 7 Oct 1994 12:46:10 GMT

Peter Kay (pkay_at_panix.com) wrote:

: I am running some pretty old PC's (Compaq 386s w/3 meg RAM) as clients :
connected to an Oracle server through netware. The client pc's use Oracle's : SQLSPX to view the remote database. The pc's use QEMM as a memory manager.

: Occasionally, one of the clients will conk out and spew hex gibberish
all over : the screen, which leads me to believe that the combination of SQLSPX and : paradox occasionally causes writes to protected memory.

Which version of QEMM? Latest is 7.04. Get the patch from ftp.qdeck.com. Also, you may want to make sure you have the proper exclusions and so on for your network card.

|| Kasey Chang   Internet >>  kschang_at_mercury.sfsu.edu  or  ksc1_at_aol.com    ||
||   (the rest of this .sig is under construction...)                       ||