How do you change an SID

From: BARRY ROOMBERG <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 94 21:18:00 -0400

-> I have an Oracle database running on a Windows NT platform.
-> There has been a gorvernment reorg ( annual event ) and I have to
-> change the SID. How do I do this? When I removed the exesting service
-> with orasrv and recreated it with a different SID I could not start
-> the database ( i.e. it could not see the new service, ) How do I fix
-> this? I recreated the old SID and it works but it doesn't solve my
-> proplem.

Depends. If you have O7, then a simple CREATE CONTROLFILE with the change name option will doit.

If O6, then you gotta recreate and import. Received on Fri Oct 07 1994 - 02:18:00 CET

Original text of this message