Re: Database on CD-ROM?

From: Marcus Collins <ccmr_at_cplan109.ion.chevron.com>
Date: 6 Oct 94 08:48:14 GMT

In article <36uklr$rse_at_ivy.bga.com>, scm_at_bga.com (Sean) says:

>This is possibly a FAQ, but I didn't see a list so I'll go ahead and
>ask it:
>
>Can Oracle (under Univel, HP-UX and AIX) query against a database that's
>on a CD-ROM? If anyone has done this, I'd be interested in talking to you
>about it.
>
>My gut reaction to this question is that of course it's possible, but I'd
>rather ask before we shell out several thousand dollars to get a CD-ROM
>writer.
>
>Thanks
>
>-Sean

Remember that to read a CD based tablespace the tablespace must be opened in read-only mode. This is only possible with 7.1, the Oracle literature explicitly states that reading CD-ROMs based tablespaces is possible. Try Oracle support if nobody has got real-life experience.

--
 Marcus Collins                        Internet: eccmr_at_aberdeen.chevron.com
 Database Analyst.                   MS-Mail: CCMR