Re: ODBC performance Vs. Oracle*Glue

From: Sandor Nieuwenhuijs <snieuwen_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 6 Oct 1994 07:23:41 GMT

David I. Laudicina (dil.admin_at_mhs.unc.edu) wrote:
: I bet you would find that submitting stored procedure calls
: to run queries using ODBC is pretty fast and at the top of the list. Any
: product that submits the SQL up to the server where it must compile optimize
: before running will not beat a precomplied optimized stored procedure.

Don't forget, even Dynamic SQL is stored in parsed/optimized form in Oracle7 usually when it has been executed before, because of the shared SQL functionality. In Oracle you don't have to rely on Stored Procedures to benefit from this.

Sandor Nieuwenhuijs
Oracle Netherlands

  • These opinions (if any) are just mine. I do not represent Oracle ---
  • Corporation in this Posting ---