Re: SQL traxx ??

From: Steven D. Macaulay <macausd_at_ptsc.sod.eds.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 94 16:38:52 PDT

umich.edu!europa.eng.gtefsd.co m!howland.reston.ans.net!cs.utexas.edu!convex!
camelot.dsccc.com!tpd.dsccc.com!nmcewen

>From: nmcewen_at_tpd.dsccc.com (Neal McEwen)
>Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
>Subject: SQL traxx ??
>Date: 19 Sep 1994 21:45:45 GMT
>
>hello,
> any one out there ever heard of a third party product
>call SQL tracks or SQL traxx for monitoring DB performance ?
>Would appreciate a lead on the Vendor.
>
>Thanks, Neal McEwen
>nmcewen_at_mistec.dsccc.com

Neal,

SQLTrax is an Oracle log analyzer put out by TurnStone Software. The president of that company is Scott Martin and he can be reached at 415-851- 9576. While SQLTrax is not really a database monitor, it can supply lots of useful information that can be used for application debugging, auditing, recovery assistance, and tuning. For example, SQLTrax provides standard reports that can be used to identify heavily modfied indexes, row chaining, or areas that need application tuning. One particularly interesting report is the report that shows row chaining on a per table basis. This can be used to identify tables where the most row chaining occurs, and as such would benefit from an export/re-import. I attended a presentation put on by Scott at the Oracle conference last week and I spent some one-on-one time going through a product demo. This product has many interesting features and I would certainly suggest giving Scott a call to get a copy of his literature, especially a white paper that covers some of the more interesting features.

Steve

Steve Macaulay
EDS Provost Technical Support Center
4405 Cox Road Suite 200 Glen Allen, Virginia 23060 (804) 965-7091 Received on Thu Oct 06 1994 - 00:38:52 CET

Original text of this message