Re: TKPROF does it work, and if so, HOW?!

From: Michael P. Vergara <vergara_at_nosc.mil>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 20:15:57 GMT

In article <1994Oct4.162216.21990_at_hrbicf>, MAX M. MAGLIARO <mmm_at_icf.hrb.com> wrote:

>I don't know if these problems are related to EXPLAIN PLAN, but I can't
>get that to work either. No matter what transaction I try to "explain",
>the total time is always zero (even though some of the intermediate-stage
>times shown are not zero).
>It isn't worth wasting my time on now. I've already got three TARs
>logged that ORACLE is ignoring.
>
>--
>Max Magliaro
>MMM_at_ICF.HRB.COM
>Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
>
>"He may look like an idiot, and he may sound like an idiot, but don't
> let him fool you. He really is an idiot." --- Groucho Marx

In the init<SID>.ora file, you (or the DBA) must set timed_statistics = TRUE or else no timing information is recorded. This parameter must also be set if you want to run UTLBSTAT/UTLESTAT scripts.

Give it a try!

Mike Vergara           |   Be good...and you will be lonesome
vergara_at_nosc.mil       |                                       Jimmy Buffett
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of anyone else but me.  So there.