Re: Blocks + Empty Blocks in user_tables view

From: Michael P. Vergara <vergara_at_nosc.mil>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 20:18:54 GMT

In article <1994Oct5.144810.22666_at_cronkite.res.utc.com>, Glenn Andrews <sikgpa_at_rcinet.res.utc.com> wrote:
>Can someone please explain why the sum of blocks + empty_blocks (in user_tables
>view) does not equal the total number of blocks allocated to a table. I
>noticed this after running analyze on my tables.

There are some blocks which are used by the database for managing the tablespace. They are overhead required for running the database.

Mike

Mike Vergara           |   Be good...and you will be lonesome
vergara_at_nosc.mil       |                                       Jimmy Buffett
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of anyone else but me.  So there.