Re: VB -> ORACLE on UNIX

From: Con Zymaris <conz_at_highett.mel.dbce.csiro.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 13:50:22 +10

In article <CwJu8r.9xJ_at_sesinc.com> brada_at_ses21.sesinc.com (Brad Albom) writes:
>From: brada_at_ses21.sesinc.com (Brad Albom)
>Subject: Re: VB -> ORACLE on UNIX
>Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 20:58:02 GMT

>Hi All-

>FLAME ON ... (and those who are familiar with my posts in other groups
>know that it has been years since I've seriously flamed anyone on the net)

>I'm pissed. I mean really pissed !

>I've been betrayed, big time. Based on my evaluation of Q+E MultiLink/VB,
>I've made recommendations to some large clients that they change over from
>VB's Data Controls to Q+E. During my evaluations I didn't even consider
>products that carried per seat royalties, since my clients typically have
>several hundred to thousands of potential client seats.

>Now it seems the boneheads who've "acquired" Q+E have found the perfect
>way to kill a product. Piss off your customers by telling them that they're
>going to have to pay more for a product upgrade than you did for the
>original product !

>So, effective today, I'm going to be contacting my clients and telling
>them that they should complete any already-started projects using the
>current release of Q+E, but that any future work should absolutely be done
>with something else.

>And to the new owners of Q+E (Intersolv ?) I sincerely hope that your
>company dies a quick but extremely painful death.

>... FLAME OFF

>Well I guess I feel a little better now.

Brad. I'd be spitting buckets too! ;)
I have a sneaking suspicion that Intersolv's acquisitiuon of Q + E may have some bearing on this dicision. We're seriously thinking of writing our own ODBC drivers....

Con Zymaris <conz_at_cyber.com.au>
Cybersource Pty. Ltd. Windows/Unix integration and TCP/IP network management +61 3 822 2848 FAX +61 3 822 2858 1275a Malvern Rd, Malvern.Vic. Australia Received on Wed Oct 05 1994 - 14:40:22 CET

Original text of this message