Re: Need Comparisons of Oracle 7 and Sybase 10

From: David I. Laudicina <dil.admin_at_mhs.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 08:37:38

>>The best recent comparison between Oracle and Sybase (I don't remember if it
is >>System 10) is in PC Magazine this month. Needles to say, Oracle came out PC >>Magazine Editors Choice for the second year in a row...

>>I know I am not very objective about this, but I would also look into the
>>Sybase 10 bashing that has been going on for the last few months in PC Week, et
>>al. Financial analysts downgraded Sybase stock to hold from buy after learning
>>that Sybase 10 had "fundamental problems with the kernel architecture" when it
>>came to parallel processing (SMP & MPP) systems; as you added more processors,
>>Sybase 10 actually performed WORSE!

I am not sure anyone seriously considering a production server would buy Sybase or Oracle for that matter running on a Netware OS. The real comparison should be made on SMP UNIX and NT boxes. Thx Dave L Received on Wed Oct 05 1994 - 08:37:38 CET

Original text of this message