Re: Unix server (w/Oracle) & PC client

From: Paul Kamp <pgk_at_pacersoft.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 1994 11:26:49 -0500

 Laurent" writes:
> : > (using powerbuilder). The PC will have an ethernet card. What
> : > software do we need to let the PC talk to the unix machine and
> : > access Oracle there?
> : >
> : SQL*Net for the required protocol on both client and server.
> : ie
> : SQL*Net (for TCP/IP) on the HP box
> : AND
> : SQL*Net (again for TCP/IP) on the PC(s).
> : The PC versions can be either Windows or DOS based, and I believe the
 pricing is
> : the same for each version.
>
> Actually there are several connectivity solutions available which
> do not require SQL*NET, such as ours SQL-Retriever.
> Mail info_at_visionware.co.uk if you require further details.

Others include EDA/SQL from Information Builders, SequeLink from Techgnosis, HyperStar from VMark/Constellation and the DAL Server for Unix from Pacer Software (the company I work for). All of these work quite well. If you would like more information on DAL please send me email at the address listed below.

--
Paul Kamp
Pacer Software, Inc.