Re: Stored procedure calls from OCI

From: <chadb_at_NeoSoft.com>
Date: 3 Oct 1994 23:06:00 GMT

In <369j03$sle_at_freenet3.scri.fsu.edu>, howardh_at_freenet3.scri.fsu.edu (Howard Hartsfield) writes:

>I am attempting to write a C OCI application that calls a stored
>procedure; the problem is, I can't figure out the form that the
>procedure call should take or how to get variables into/out of it. If
>I just call the stored procedure with constants I get an "invalid sql
>statement" error (I have tried calling it with and without 'execute'
>in front of the procedure name). If I place host variables in the
>procedure name and bind them to buffers, I get the same error. What
>am I doing wrong? I have been unable to find a single example of this
>in the documentation.

I haven't done it myself, but all paramters must be passed as input paramters on a stored proc. i.e., you have to obndr* them, not odefine.

Hope that helps. I'd like to hear if you work it out and any other problems you had.

  Thanx,
    chad

--
Chad Brockman            |
VertiComp, Inc           | I'm just an OS/2 Junkie!!