2 Phase Commit including an Oracle 6 node

From: Martin Jensen <mj_at_dde.dk>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 13:05:22 GMT

Running Oracle 7.0.16.2

At the IOUG two years ago in San Francisco, I heard that it was possible to have an Oracle version 6 node coorporation in a group of Oracle7 nodes, to commit distributed transactions.
As Oracle 6 does not support the 2PC protocol, the strategy was to let the Oracle 6 node be the transaction master, as all the Oracle7 could do a prepare_to_commit, then Oracle 6 could do a commit, and then all the other
nodes could do the accept_commit.

I am however failing to implement this scheme, and want to know if anyboddy have tried this out, or know if this feature is ment to work or not.

If somebody have a similar setup working, I would sure appriciate some hints on specific related values in the parameter files and database links.

Best regards - Martin Jensen

--
Martin Jensen,  Dansk Data Elektronik A/S, Herlev, Denmark
E-mail:         mj_at_dde.DK