Re: Help - Pro*C update question

From: L. Scott Johnson <lscott_at_crl.com>
Date: 2 Oct 1994 07:43:18 -0700

In article <12a.5152.905_at_compudata.com>, Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com> wrote:
>-> First, much thanks for all the advice. Second, I can't really
>-> explain it, but I added a couple of fprintf's to the main function to
>-> check out the flow, and the d&^%$ thing started working. So I guess
>-> there must have been a missing ; or something that I fixed when
>-> adding the fprintf's. But to those of you who responded, please
>-> accept my sincere thanks.
>
>If it compiled before, but failed to run correctly, and then ran
>ok when adding printfs, it's most liekly a trashed stack problem
>and will show up again.

Or, the first time(s) that it was run, someone else had the row(s) being updated locked, and the program was simply waiting for the other user to release the rows. This is always a good guess for an update that 'locks up' and doesn't do anything. Received on Sun Oct 02 1994 - 15:43:18 CET

Original text of this message