Re: Oracle 7 small platform?

From: Steve Williams <steverw_at_zeus.IntNet.net>
Date: 2 Oct 1994 14:51:51 -0400

Steve Williams (steverw_at_zeus.IntNet.net) wrote: : Managed Imaging (lkramer_at_clark.net) wrote: : : Harry Boswell (hboswell_at_dave.wes.army.mil) wrote: Sorry about the previous wasted insert into the thread. You should've seen:

Hello All,

   I started this thread about 3 weeks ago in search of everyone's opinion on SCO vs. Unixware as an Oracle DBMS engine.

   Since then, we have decided to go with SCO and Oracle. There were 2 main reasons for this decision: (1) Many internet users as well as local contacts complained about hardware incompatibilities and Novell tech support problems - we were only able to find a few "satisfied" Unixware users; (2) SCO has a longer and more stable history as a product and an Oracle partner.

   I will state that we could _not_ find a single site on either platform that was doing what we will be doing (30+ users, multi-gig database, heavy data entry). It seemed that everyone in the usage catagory was on a HP or RS/6000 platform. Hmmm.... looks like we will be entering new territory.

  Thanks again for everyone's input!

Steve Williams
Palm Harbor, FL
(steverw_at_intnet.net)    Received on Sun Oct 02 1994 - 19:51:51 CET

Original text of this message