Re: Terminal driver for Runrep

From: Tom Cooke <tom_at_tomcooke.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 1994 21:05:27 +0000

In article <36h08p$p7u_at_uuneo.neosoft.com> hatchg_at_neosoft.com writes:

> We have a problem with terminal drivers for SQL*ReportWriter 1.1
>
> We are using sQL*Forms 3.0 to do a host call to call a report (using runrep).
> We are specifying a ReportWriter terminal file
> (usually universal). If we specify to send the report to the screen, we run
> into problems. Everything works fine will we are
> viewing the report on screen, however, when we leave runrep and return to
> SQL*Forms, our terminal driver is screwed up
> in Forms. We cannot navigate correctly after returning. We have tried to
> reset the terminal, but to no avail. We are using
> the vt_uni terminal def in Forms and we cannot use our numeric keypad after
> returning from runrep.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions, I would be eternally grateful.
>
> thanks.
>

> Greg Hatch
> hatchg_at_neosoft.com

We have VT220-clone terminals, and one thing that drove us mad was the fact that our terminals didn't seem `quite right' when we exited Oracle stuff. We fixed it by finding the bit of the Oracle terminal driver that resets the terminal on quitting (I'm thinking of .crt, but I guess there is something similar in terminal description files for all Oracle screen-based products) and working out what it was doing that it shouldn't, then deleting the escapes for that bit. Alternatively, there might be something you have to put in. Any use?

--
Tom Cooke               tom_at_tomcooke.demon.co.uk             +44 (0)1782 748027
North Staffordshire Hospital Computer Centre, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, UK