Independent Oracle BBS & Forums - Bay area

From: Dennis Melendez <melendez_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 1994 22:20:31 GMT

groenvel_at_cobol.cse.psu.edu (John D Groenveld) writes:

(deleted stuff)

>6 times on this group alone. Why can't Oracle users get internet access to
>the TAR Database? Yeah I know the BBS and Compuserve are supposed to take
>some load off Tech Support, but they don't seem to be working out. When I

Aside from the Compuserve Forum and the BBS, are there any independent Oracle-related BBS' or newsgroups around?

Several of us S.F. Bay Financials users are starting a local user group. We're thinking of creating a Usenet newsgroup for Oracle Financials, or perhaps a local BBS to do the same thing - provide a means of sharing our concerns, and work around Oracle's quasi-mystical support system.

If anybody knows of any online user support systems already in existance in the Bay area--please let me know!

Btw, the name of the group is Bay Area Oracle Applications User Group--E-mail me for details... Received on Sun Oct 02 1994 - 23:20:31 CET

Original text of this message