Run_Product() Performance

From: Kenneth Ho <kenho_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 11:23:59 GMT

Hi, Oracle gurus,

I am now running into a deep trouble.

I am using Oracle CDE tools (Forms 4.0.12 and Report 2.0). My colleague has installed an application into a client site. And my colleague and my client found that it is painfully SLOW to call a report from the menu pad. The menu pad, simply contain an PL/SQL:

        Run_Product(<myreport>, SYNCHRONOUS, ....);

Is there any tricks to speed the startup? Because my client now having a strong perception that CDE tools is SLOW!

If I cannot speed this up, we may have to switch to another report writer.

Any pointer will be *greatly* appreciated.

Ken Received on Fri Sep 30 1994 - 12:23:59 CET

Original text of this message