Re: Oracle Support in Canada

From: Allison Rothmel <ad041_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 20:27:43 GMT

In a previous article, khuisman_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca (Ken Huisman) says:

>I have been reading with interest about the support problems many people seem
>to be having.

I am experiencing this problem today. I can't get Oracle to load in French!!! I can't work unless it's installed... Tech support is busy... Left a message...

Called back.....Left another message. All day....

>I guess I count myself lucky as I have, overall, had generally
>excellent support from oracle Canada - I always got a call back within one
>day, and they met my expectations in solving my problems. The last two
>to four months have been the exception however - it has really seemed to go
>downhill lately. I dunno what has changed over there - maybe its just bad
>luck on my part. Anyone else care to comment on oracle canada's support?

I think there is a problem... Yes.

When I duplicate the fix on version 6.0a american english it doesn't work when I install france french sp1f.msb sp<lang> file not found error appears.

There was a quick fix for the english version. An 'oh yah we know that one fix'.

I would suggest that they are short staffed. Maybe lots of problems with V7?

???

--

Allison Rothmel ad041_at_freenet.carleton.ca