Re: work simultaneously on V6 & V7

From: Steven Whatley <swhatley_at_blkbox.com>
Date: 30 Sep 1994 14:19:44 GMT

Veronique Cardinal (cardinal_at_univ-brest.fr) wrote:
: I'm working on AIX 3.2.5.

: Actually, I have Oracle Version 6.0.34.2.1
: and I would like to install Oracle 7 on the same machine.

: For example, I would have a filesystem /oracle for the version 6
: and all the other products (sqlforms30,sqlreport,.....)
: and an other filesystem /oracle7 for the version 7 with
: the new products (forms4,.....).

: I would like to work on the version 6
: and test the version 7 simultaneously.

: Is it possible ?

I see no problem with that. The databases will have to be separate instances. If you have the hard disk space the system rescources to handle it, go for it! We had a simular setup on a VAX a while back.

Good luck,
Steven Whatley Received on Fri Sep 30 1994 - 15:19:44 CET

Original text of this message