Re: SQL Loader: Do I have another alternative?

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 29 Sep 1994 22:58:18 -0400

pdricket_at_nps.navy.mil (Paul D. Ricketts) writes:

>I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to SQL LOADER, so I was wondering:
>Is there something else I could use with a bit more flexibility?

   Are you serious ????????

   SQL*Loader is one of the fastest and most flexible data    loaders in the business.

   I will admit it is not all that straight forward but this    is the price you pay for being this flexible.

   If you can't do it with SQL*Loader then you probably need    some type of custom "C" program or something like that.

   Perhaps you could post a sample of your file you are trying to    load and I or some other really nice person can give    you the SQL*Loader script to do it . . . .

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Fri Sep 30 1994 - 03:58:18 CET

Original text of this message