Re: How do u make Oracle forget data buffered from previous queries?

From: Rich Bromberg <bromberg_at_hobbes>
Date: 28 Sep 1994 21:51:08 GMT

I have gone with the "ugly" method of running queries which will retrieve enough blocks of non-benchmark data to completely flush the cache prior to running each benchmark. To my knowledge, (which is limited), there is no other way to clear the data buffer cache other than toggling the instance.

I would be interesed in a more elegant solution if one exists.

Hans Lindberg (d7hansl_at_dtek.chalmers.se) wrote:
: Is there an easy way to flush everything buffered from previous queries?
: I wan't to time a number of queries, and as the time varies depending on
: what's been queried about earlier, I need to flush everything chached.

: Hans Lindberg Tel: 031-183151 EMail d7hansl_at_dtek.chalmers.se
: / / / "-Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable
: / / / that we have to alter it every six months."
: / / / --Oscar Wilde