Oracle 1002 error

From: Donald R. McGregor <mcgredo_at_crl.com>
Date: 27 Sep 1994 16:38:40 -0700

I'm getting Oracle 1002 errors on a newly installed 7.1.3 server that I wasn't getting on a 6.x server.

01002, 00000, "fetch out of sequence"

// *Cause:  This may be caused by fetching from a 'select for update' cursor

// after a commit. A PL/SQL cursor loop implicitly does fetches
// and may also cause this error.
I'm using the OCI call interface and have autocommit on, eg
call oci_ocon(login).

Is there anything I'm likely to have forgotten in configuring the server that could cause this? Any other ideas? (I'm only an occasional visitor to the Oracle world and am brand new to the 7.x world.)

--
Don McGregor   | "Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad!"
mcgredo_at_crl.com|           -- Mallory