Re: oraperl & oracle v7 anyone?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew_at_bugalugs.apana.org.au>
Date: 27 Sep 1994 14:14:37 GMT

In article <CwEyqF.4D2_at_techne.co.uk>, joel_at_techne.co.uk (Joel Rosi-Schwartz) writes:
|> In article <35aqnn$pt1_at_saber.isi.edu>, Paul Postel <paulp_at_saber.isi.edu> wrote:
|> >
|> >If you've built oraperl for oracle version 7, I'd like to converse
|> >with you. I'm trying to build with perl version 4.0 patch level 36
|> >and oraperl version 2.4. The problems I'm finding seem to have
|> >to do with changes from oracle v6 to v7.
|> >

|> Yes, I have done this on both Sun and Pyramid. I no longer have any
|> access to either machine, so I am unable to give you the specifics.
|> The main porblems lie in the location of the Oracle libraries; they
|> are a moving target. There is also one or two bugs in Oracle that
|> have been reported, but work arounds are available. The best thing
|> to do is to check the dbperl archive on ftp.demon.co.uk. They
|> have specific information on how to get this done.

I've done it on HP and Unixware, but I too don't have access any longer to the machines.

According to my recollection, there are some circular dependencies in the libraries, which means you need to link them in twice. Brilliant, eh?

cheers

andrew Received on Tue Sep 27 1994 - 15:14:37 CET

Original text of this message