Re: Pro*COBOL runtime problem

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_wwsun10.us.oracle.com>
Date: 27 Sep 1994 17:03:06 GMT

In article <roleary.780649897_at_lancelot.st.nepean.uws.edu.au>, roleary_at_guinevere.st.nepean.uws.edu.au (Rocqueforte OLeary) writes:
|> G'day,
|>
|> When trying to run one of Oracle's Pro*COBOL sample programs (sample1.pco to
|> be precise), I get the following error message:
|>
|> Load error : file 'SQLADR'
|> error code: 173, pc=235, call=1, seg=0
|> 173 Called program file not found in drive/directory
|>
|> The sample program pre-compiles and compiles cleanly, but obviously doesn't
|> run. Oracle support weren't much help, so I'm hoping someone knows something
|> more than they do [:-)]. We are running v.7.0.16 of the RDBMS, v.1.5.10.1.0 of
|> Pro*COBOL and v.1.2 of MF COBOL/2. The "Pro*COBOL supplement to the ORACLE
|> Precompilers Guide" mentions that SQLADR is a library sub-routine, but
|> beyond that is no use.
|>
|> Cheers,
|> --
|> *** Rocqueforte "Rocky" O'Leary *** CSO,DBA,BOFH *** B.App.Sci.(Comp, Hons) ***
|> * Work: Uni Of Western Sydney,Nepean, AU * email:roleary_at_st.nepean.uws.edu.au *
|> * Tel: 047 360622 *** WWW:http://www.st.nepean.uws.edu.au/~roleary/index.html *
|> ***** "Baldrick, you can have a day off when you are dead" ~ E.Blackadder *****

I will assume that you are on a unix system, and are trying to run in the animator. That at least is the most common situation in which customers run into this problem. Check out procob.mk for a target called 'rtsora'. This is a cobol runtime environment (similar to 'cobrun') which contains, among other things, the function SQLADR. Use rtsora instead of cobrun or anim to get this to work. Received on Tue Sep 27 1994 - 18:03:06 CET

Original text of this message