Automating the migration of AOL objects

From: Lev Desmarais <ldesmara_at_tpd.dsccc.com>
Date: 27 Sep 1994 19:04:21 GMT

   Anyone have any experience automating the migration of Oracle AOL objects from one Oracle database to another? We have done some preliminary work in this area. We ran into problems when we realized that it would not be possible to syncronized the AOL sequence numbers in our source and destination databases. Looking at the AOL tables there appears to be a lot of table cross references. I have been told that these cross-refences use the AOL sequence numbers. The problem we are facing is if we migrate an AOL object to a new database we have to update the seqence number of that object and any references it makes to other AOL sequence numbers.

  Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Lev K. Desmarais
DSC Communications Corporation
ldesmara_at_ccmail.dsccc.com Received on Tue Sep 27 1994 - 20:04:21 CET

Original text of this message