Re: distributed queries

From: Stephen Laverack <devsl_at_cisa.bt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 08:46:15 +0000

Leng Kaing (leng_at_cougar.vut.edu.au) wrote:
: Environment: SunOs 4.1.2, SQL*Net 1.1, Oracle 6.0.36...

: Ok, I've been able to setup my clients and servers to communicate
: over SQL*Net. I've also created some database links. I've also got the
: same tables on many databases. For example, table "emp" resides on both
: database A and database B. So how do I see all the records in all the
: emp table on all the databases at once?

: eg: select * from emp_at_A, emp_at_B;
: *
: I'm expecting an output of some sort - either emp_at_A followed by emp@B;
: or a cartesian product of all of the two tables. But what I get is:
: ORA-00918: column ambiguous defined.

: Could someone please explain what I'm doing wrong? How do I write just
: one SQL statement to see the records on all the databases with a given
: table name?

: Please help me out,
: Leng.

try a UNION ALL Received on Tue Sep 27 1994 - 09:46:15 CET

Original text of this message