Re: Oracle 7.0NT-Optimizer, full of bugs?

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 94 12:10:00 -0500

-> BTW, I greatly dislike (hate) the comment - "just use rule based".
-> Like if your having a problem with some bug in stored procedures

When Oracle suport tells me and others "just use rule based", what should we do? Ignore them and spend weeks hand optimizing for COST based? The whole point of cost based was so we should not have to!

They threw a buggy product out to us, knowingly, and you are supporting them by betaing in possibly a production environment! Received on Mon Sep 26 1994 - 18:10:00 CET

Original text of this message