Re: How to expedite your Support call (YEAH Right)

From: PA Birznieks gunther 301-738-0892 <birznie_at_aplcenmp.apl.jhu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 20:07:03 GMT

I am currently a SYBASE customer who is probably switching to Oracle soon due to means beyond my control (Corporate Database Standard issued).

I would like to state to whomever is listening (Oracle), that I am concerned about these horror stories (which seem common) on Oracle Tech Support.

In the time I have dealt with SYBASE, I have had excellent customer support in terms of turnaround time, callbacks on problems, etc... This was even before they did a big HUGE hiring last year were they beefed up customer support a lot. SYBASE Tech Support responds incredibly fast (at least to my queries) compared to other companies I have dealt with.

Anyway, I have been doing some reading on Oracle and find it has a lot of really nice features that SYBASE does not have. However, I really hope Oracle can get their techsupport together.

Afterall, any Newbie MBA Course will tell you that customers can stay or leave quite easily on the basis of customer support issues.

Later,
  Gunther Received on Mon Sep 26 1994 - 21:07:03 CET

Original text of this message