Re: Maintaining a mirrored database at a remote site

From: <smith117_at_delphi.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 94 12:33:57 -0500

Why do you have to wait until an entire log segment is about to be archived before you ship log information?

I'm not sure, but I believe those folks who use log shipping to achieve disaster recovery have "warmer" backup sites than this.

My last conversation with Oracle about this showed that log shipping is definitely the better option for this scenario. I should have asked for more information.

Dan Received on Sun Sep 25 1994 - 18:33:57 CET

Original text of this message