How to measure the speed

From: Mark Ling <ling_at_underground.irhe.upenn.edu>
Date: 25 Sep 1994 22:05:55 GMT

Hi , there:

   I have a very simple question: My client asked me that How long I need to search one recorder from a 500*half million data table in Oracle data base, the Oracle was installed in 486DX66 server which is hooked up by ether net. My client's bottom line is 3 second, is it possible? how can I know whether it's possible or not? If it is impossible, updating the computer server, say using Pentinm 100 , can reach that goal(3 second for searching one recorder)?

   Thank you for your help in advance. Received on Sun Sep 25 1994 - 23:05:55 CET

Original text of this message