Re: # semaphors used by ORACLE

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_oracle.com>
Date: 24 Sep 1994 01:05:16 GMT

gtupper_at_monkfish.nosc.mil (Greg Tupper) writes:
|> We have an oracle7 db on an hp 9000/700 and would like to build another. In
|> the attempt we get a "Not enough semaphores" error of some sort (I do not
|> have the test handy.) I know how to get the number of semaphores on the
|> machine, but I do not know how to get the number of semaphors oracle is
|> using.

Each instance will try to grab X semaphores at startup time. X = PROCESSES in the init.ora file used by that instance. At least that was the answer when I last checked. You may be able to confirm this by issuing an 'ipcs -a' after starting up either instance.

Hope this helps.

Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Sep 24 1994 - 03:05:16 CEST

Original text of this message