LOV Contention on Netware?

From: Ron A. Olshavsky <rono_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 12:39:19 GMT

Strange occurance yesterday...

  Got a support call from our Oregon office saying that they were locked up and couldnt get out of a form...after talking to them, it seems that two people were running the same form, and were doing a LOV in the same field...

  Now, if Im not mistaken, this should NOT be a problem for Oracle Server for Netware...

  Any thoughts/ideas on what may be behind this problem? We were able to duplicate the problem on our local LAN, and am very curious to discover the reason for said contention...Both screens say working on the message line, and remain that way will one machine is either rebooted or dropped from the network, then the other picks up and continues fine..

  The LOV is a standard FORLS 3.0 select field into :field from table, its a simple status look-up....

Thoughts/Ideas/Suggestions?
Ron

--
				     ,,,
				    (o o)

| | It's a Mr. Death or something, |
| Ron A. Olshavsky - rono_at_netcom.com | He's come about the reaping? |
| | I dont think we need any... MP:MOL |
<My opinions are my own...Who else would want them...>