ORA-3112 & Multi connections/PC

From: Michael Stowe <Michael.Stowe_at_f573.n115.z1.nwugate.fidonet.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 00:31:02 -0500

  • Quoting Eric Stephens to All dated 09-21-94 ***
    > 1. Is there a more efficient way to connect to Oracle other than the
    > DOS-based SQLSPX combined with NETINIT?

Yes! You'll find the Windows-based SQLSPX to be much less prone to low-memory problems (et al.) than the DOS counterpart.

> 2. Should we be concerned with multiple PB applications running on our
> user's machines?
> Would the applications be able to share the connection since each
> application would issue its own Oracle connection.

My impression was that PB doesn't "share the connection," it opens a new one for each instance or application. You are therefore limited to your SPX settings in your NET.CFG and elsewhere, but otherwise, there should be no cause for concern. Note, however, that the Windows version of SQLSPX empirically has a better time dealing with multiple programs issuing protocol requests. Received on Fri Sep 23 1994 - 07:31:02 CEST

Original text of this message